Scholarships & Youth To Washington
2018 Menard Electric Cooperative Youth To Washington Scholarship Program
- One $1,000 scholarship to a 4-year college or university
- One $500 scholarship to a 2-year community college
- One $500 scholarship to an accredited technical school
- One winner selected from among scholarship winners for an all-expenses paid trip on the Youth to Washington Tour June 8-15, 2018. (see below)
General requirements: Applicant must be a high school senior or equivalent, graduating during 2018; parent/legal guardian must be a Menard Electric Cooperative member with their primary residence or business served by the cooperative; applicant must be available to attend the Youth to Washington Tour June 8-15, 2018. See the Official Rules and Regulations in the application for more.
Download the APPLICATION HERE. Deadline: March 1, 2018
About Youth To Washington Tour
On the Youth To Washington Tour more than 60 students from Illinois travel together to spend a week in Washington, D.C. and meet Illinois Congressmen, Senators and their staffs, tour historical sites, receive information on career paths, learn about co-ops, make lifelong friends, and meet students from across the U.S. It is a truly remarkable trip sponsored for more than 50 years by U.S. electric and telephone co-ops.
Past participants have visited such places as Gettysburg; Arlington National Cemetery; White House; U.S. Capitol Building; Washington Monument; the Newseum, Holocaust and Smithsonian Museums; and the Iwo Jima, Lincoln, Jefferson, Korean War, Vietnam War, World War II, U.S. Marine Corps. and Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorials. See more details here
2018 Thomas H Moore Illinois Electric Cooperative (IEC) Memorial Scholarship Program
- Nine $2,000 Scholarships
- Five reserved for high school seniors throughout Illinois who are the sons or daughters of an Illinois electric cooperative member receiving service from the cooperative.
- One reserved for child of an electric co-op employee.
- Three reserved for those enrolling full-time at a 2-year community college - can be child of member or employee.
Please read the guidelines carefully before filling out the application.
CLICK TO APPLY ONLINE. Deadline: December 31, 2017.
2018 Lavern and Nola McEntire Lineworker’s Scholarship
One $2,000 scholarship for the lineworker school conducted by the Association of Illinois Electric Cooperatives in conjunction with Lincoln Land Community College in Springfield, IL. Applicants must be sons or daughters of Illinois co-op members, relatives of Illinois co-op employees or directors, individuals enrolled in Lincoln Land’s lineworker school, or individuals who have served or are serving in the armed forces or National Guard.
Download the APPLICATION HERE. Deadline: April 30, 2018.