Scholarships & Youth To Washington
Menard Electric Cooperative Youth To Washington Scholarship Program
- One $1,000 scholarship to a 4-year college or university
- One $500 scholarship to a 2-year community college
- One $500 scholarship to an accredited technical school
- One winner selected from among scholarship winners for an all-expenses paid trip on the Youth to Washington Tour June 8-15, 2018. (see below)
General requirements: Applicant must be a high school senior or equivalent, graduating in the current year; parent/legal guardian must be a Menard Electric Cooperative member with their primary residence or business served by the cooperative; applicant must be available to attend the Youth to Washington Tour in June. See the Official Rules and Regulations in the application for more.
Applications are available January 1st, submissions are due March 1st and winners announced May 1st.
About Youth To Washington Tour
On the Youth To Washington Tour more than 60 students from Illinois travel together to spend a week in Washington, D.C. and meet Illinois Congressmen, Senators and their staffs, tour historical sites, receive information on career paths, learn about co-ops, make lifelong friends, and meet students from across the U.S. It is a truly remarkable trip sponsored for more than 50 years by U.S. electric and telephone co-ops.
Past participants have visited such places as Gettysburg; Arlington National Cemetery; White House; U.S. Capitol Building; Washington Monument; the Newseum, Holocaust and Smithsonian Museums; and the Iwo Jima, Lincoln, Jefferson, Korean War, Vietnam War, World War II, U.S. Marine Corps. and Franklin Delano Roosevelt Memorials. See more details here
Thomas H Moore Illinois Electric Cooperative (IEC) Memorial Scholarship Program
- Eleven $2,000 Scholarships
- Six reserved for high school seniors throughout Illinois who are the sons or daughters of an Illinois electric cooperative member receiving service from the cooperative.
- One reserved for child of an electric co-op employee.
- Four reserved for those enrolling full-time at a 2-year community college - can be child of member or employee.
Visit the Application Page Here - Please read the guidelines carefully before filling out the application; submissions due December 31st and winners announced in May.
Lavern and Nola McEntire Lineworker’s Scholarship
One $2,000 scholarship for the lineworker school conducted by the Association of Illinois Electric Cooperatives in conjunction with Lincoln Land Community College in Springfield, IL. Applicants must be sons or daughters of Illinois co-op members, relatives of Illinois co-op employees or directors, individuals enrolled in Lincoln Land’s lineworker school, or individuals who have served or are serving in the armed forces or National Guard.
Download the pdf application here , submissions due April 30th, and winners announced in July.